Camp is an exciting and fun adventure for your child. During a camp physical, our healthcare providers will ensure that your child is in good health and does not have health problems that would cause issues while at camp. Camp physicals will determine whether it is safe for your child to participate in activities at camp and are essential to prevent injuries while at camp. Current health status and conditions will be reviewed and assessed to ensure your child has a great camp experience.
Expect the following during a camp physical:
- Review of medical history and family history
- Height and weight
- Blood pressure, heart rate, temperature check
- Vision screening
- Review of medications and directions for administration while at camp
- Evaluation for necessary activity or diet restrictions
- Review of immunization records
Some camps may have specific requirements for camp attendance. Any forms required by the camp your child will attend will be completed at the time of the visit.