Dermatitis and rashes result in red, itchy, irritated skin. There can be many causes of dermatitis and rashes. Often the reason is exposure to an allergen or skin irritant.
Our healthcare providers will examine your skin and consider possible causes of skin irritation. Treatment options are based on the cause of your symptoms but may include topical or oral medications.
You’ll want to be evaluated if you experience the following:
- Rashes that are interrupting your sleep or daily activities
- Sudden, painful, or widespread rash
- You are embarrassed by the skin appearance
- Rashes that are not improving within three weeks
- Rashes on the face or genitals
Recurrent dermatitis, rashes, and skin irritation or problems that don’t respond to standard treatment may require referral to a dermatologist.