STD or sexually transmitted disease evaluation and treatment can be embarrassing for many people. Our healthcare providers are sensitive, discrete, and non-judgmental. We provide quick diagnosis and treatment while preserving your privacy.
Our services include screening, diagnosis, and treatment of common STDs or STIs (sexually transmitted infections). Routine screening in the absence of symptoms is recommended for the following:
- Annual HIV testing aged 13 to 64
- Hepatitis C screening for anyone born between 1945 and 1965
- Pregnant women should be screened for HIV, Hepatitis B, chlamydia, and syphilis. Testing may also be done for gonorrhea and Hepatitis C.
- PAP smears with HPV (human papillomavirus) screening every three years for women aged 21 and up.
- Women under 25 years of age that are sexually active should be screened for gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Men who have sex with men. Screen for HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia. Hepatitis B screening may also be indicated.
- Those that are HIV positive. HIV positivity raises the risk for other STIs.
- Those that have a new sexual partner. Before having sex with a new partner, be sure you have both been tested for STIs.
STI screening and testing may be done through blood tests, urine samples, or fluid samples. If you are found to have an STI, treatment options are available with antibiotics and antiviral medications.